yum skip broken

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Sun Apr 25 21:27:08 UTC 2010

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010, Tom Horsley wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 21:13:28 +0300
> cornel panceac wrote:
>
>> during the testing of f13/rawhide is often required to pass --skip-broken to
>> yum. why isn't --skip-broken the default behaviour?
>
> I've wondered that myself for a while. Of course the other problem
> is that "broken" means one thing to ordinary people and another
> thing to yum. There is plenty of broken stuff --skp-broken won't
> skip.

I agree with that- skip-broken is more or less "do the best you can".

Problems we have run into is things we cannot count on or things like
file-conflicts which we cannot currently know about until the transaction
test. Which isn't a lot of fun - but it's also something we should be
checking for in the repositories.

-sv