Package Update Acceptance Test Plan - final call

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Mon Apr 26 11:12:18 UTC 2010

----- "Jesse Keating" <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> Perhaps I wasn't clear.  It seemed to me that when you were to test
> pending update A, you would setup your test environment such that it
> had
> a install of say F13, plus all the current stable updates of F13,
> then
> potential update A installed.
>
> What I'm saying, and what is more true to a user's experience, is
> that
> you need to install F13, plus all the current updates, plus all the
> pending updates, including A.  When we push A, we won't be pushing it
> alone, we'll be pushing it with all the other pending updates at the
> same time, so that's the environment you need to test in.

Ah, I understand you now. Yes, that seems like a better approach.
Of course this requires some time window for accepting pending updates
and running test cases only after closing that window. So if there
is a set S of pending updates (A, B, C, ...), we will provide test
cases with the whole set S. And when test cases claim that pending
update A is valid, we must be sure set S doesn't change afterwards.
(As was discussed on some past conference call.)

If this is the decided solution, it makes sense that we reflect that
in the test plan. I have updated the definition [1]. Does that
concur now with your suggestion?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kparal/Proposal:Package_update_acceptance_test_plan#Test_Environment