Bug fixer kernel disappears from repository

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Apr 26 12:01:57 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 09:19:10 +0100,
  Tommy He <tommy.he at linux.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the advice.
>
> I am not sure whether it is normal for package version reverse during beta
> phase. I checked the recent branch change and updates-testing reports and
> there is no place to mention about this version reverse.
>
> If that's true, it might be something wrong with the updates package pushing
> system, I think.

It isn't normal.

What I suspect happened is that when -57 was pushed to stable and older
version (-41) that was also in testing, became the testing version.
Because of the way f13 is being built now, when stuff gets moved to stable
it disappears until the next branch build. So -57 will probably show up
in the branched release later today.

I think this is definitely an area for improvement going forward for the
No Frozen Rawhide process.