Rawhide LNG?

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Apr 27 13:12:57 UTC 2010

Caution, this email is overloaded with footnotes! :)

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 08:09 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> The rawhide-lng repo here looks to be several months old:
>
> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/rawhide-lng/
>
> Is this repo still useful or used?

Not by or for QA, and I don't believe the appropriate fedora-release
package references this URL.

It was last updated prior to the NFR change to splitting development
into Branched and Rawhide repositories.  The "Last kNown Good" link was
updated based on rats [1] test results [2] [3] [4].

I've added a wishlist item to the Fedora 13 QA retrospective [5] topic
around using 'last known good'.  Of course, Fedora is constantly
changing so our previous definition of last known good likely needs
adjustment.

Some thoughts to help initiate discussion ...

      * The definition of 'rawhide acceptance' may need to change since
        we currently only provide a package repository for rawhide (no
        install images)
      * Does the same definition apply to Branched?
      * If we are applying the package update acceptance criteria [6],
        is there still value in last known good?
      * Implementation details ... automatically updating the symlink
        based on test automation
      * Implementation details ... should we provide repo configs

Thanks,
James

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Rawhide_Acceptance_Test_Plan
[2]