F-13 Pre-RC Acceptance Test Run Recap

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Apr 27 23:57:37 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 22:30 +0100, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 16:05 -0400, James Laska wrote:
>
> > = Summary =
> >
> >       * Automated rawhide acceptance tests (RATS) -- FAIL
> >       * Details available at
> >         https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_13_Pre-RC_Acceptance_Test_1
> >
> > = Bugs Encountered =
> >
> >       * 586258 - gnome-settings-daemon-2.30.1-1 fails to upgrade
> >       * 586046 - install exited abnormally [1/1] -- ValueError: Invalid
> >         flag provided. (resolved in latest nightly)
>
> Should we have a provision to re-run the acceptance testing if the
> initial run fails, after the issue which caused the initial failure is
> fixed? The current procedure would seem to allow us to catch one, and
> only one, failure-causing bug: if there's another one behind it in the
> install process, we won't catch that.

Good suggestion.  These milestones were originally intended to make sure
someone was looking at the results leading up to the 'test compose'.
The good news ... the acceptance tests run whenever the repo and install
images change in both Branched and Rawhide.  I'll check in on the
results leading up to this weeks RC 'test compose' milestone.

Thanks,
James