[Test-Announce] Fedora 14 Alpha TC2 Is Uploading Now!

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Aug 3 19:54:55 UTC 2010

> On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 15:19 -0400, James Laska wrote:
>
> > Note, for anyone whose testing is affected by bug#620900, and updates
> > image [1] is available as a workaround to allow testing other aspects of
> > the installer.
>
> Thanks, James. I guess we'll push a TC3 with this fix ASAP?

Yeah, you're right.   Probably a good idea to get that on the rel-eng
radar.  We may want to get some time behind the wheel with TC#2 and the
updates.img to make sure there are no other test blockers lurking.

Typically, the main concern with using an updates.img to test is that
because it enables networking to download the image, it potentially
alters the expected results for tests in the matrix [1].  There are some
ways you can load the updates.img from local storage (virtual floppy or
local disk), that can be a bit awkward unless you're used to it.  Sorry,
long story short ... I don't know if I'd be comfortable going into the
RC using an updates.img to complete the install test matrix.

Thanks,
James

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test