gnome-desktop3?

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Sat Aug 7 00:46:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 13:27 -0700, Rob Healey wrote:
> Greetings All:
>
> I have gnome-desktop3 installed on my system, but how do I load it
> instead of the regular desktop?

Rob,

gnome-desktop is a library that is used by many gnome components. The
library links against gtk2. gnome-desktop3 is a version of gnome-desktop
that is linked against gtk3, for use in gnome3 and other gtk3-based
desktops.

The package alone does not help you to a different desktop. You can
however, install gnome-shell and get a glimpse of gnome3 in that way.
We plan for gnome3 to be ready by Fedora 15.