[Test-Announce] Fedora 14 Alpha RC2 Available Now!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun Aug 8 00:46:06 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-08-07 at 01:04 -0400, Andre Robatino wrote:
> Fedora 14 Alpha RC2 is now available [1].  Please refer to the following
> pages for download links and testing instructions.
>
> Installation:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test
>
> Desktop:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test
>
> Ideally, all Alpha priority test cases for installation [2] and desktop
> [3] should pass in order to meet the Alpha Release Criteria [4].  Help
> is available on #fedora-qa on irc.freenode.net [5], or on the test list [6].
>
> [1] http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-14/f-14-quality-tasks.html
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Installation_validation_testing
> [3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Desktop_validation_testing
> [4] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_14_Alpha_Release_Criteria
> [5] irc://irc.freenode.net/fedora-qa
> [6] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/test

Please note that we don't have live images that are really testable as
equivalents to rc2 yet, because quite a lot of packages which were
cherry-picked for rc2 have not been approved as updates yet and so are
not being included in live composes. Releng, it would be cool if we
could either have the updates pushed or special live images built with
the relevant packages included.

So please do desktop testing from the DVD installer. Tests that require
live images unfortunately cannot be run at present.