[Test-Announce] Reminder: Bugzilla UPGRADE to 3.6 on August 13th 9:00 p.m.EDT [01:00 UTC]

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Aug 11 15:33:10 UTC 2010

Sending on behalf of Dave Lawrence.  This will affect Fedora too.

REMINDER: Red Hat Bugzilla (bugzilla.redhat.com) will be unavailable on
August 13th starting at 9:00 p.m. EDT [01:00 UTC] to perform
an upgrade from Bugzilla 3.4 to Bugzilla 3.6. We are hoping to be
complete in no more than 5 hours barring any problems. Any
services relying on bugzilla.redhat.com may not work properly during
this time. Please be aware in case you need use of those
services during the outage.

Also *PLEASE* make sure any scripts or other external applications that
rely on bugzilla.redhat.com are tested against our test
server before the upgrade if you have not done so already (see original
email below). Let the Bugzilla Team know immediately of any
issues found by reporting the bug in bugzilla.redhat.com against the
Bugzilla product, version 3.6.

Greetings,

The Red Hat Bugzilla team is happy to announce another public beta
release of the next version of Red Hat Bugzilla based on the
upstream 3.6 code base.

Please test drive at:

https://partner-bugzilla.redhat.com

Over the years Red Hat has made substantial customizations to Bugzilla
to fit into the Engineering
tool chain. Over time the upstream has incorporated some of these
customizations or solved them in different ways. Upgrading reduces
our customization footprint (and thus maintenance) while bringing many
bug fixes & enhancements.

The main area of focus for our public betas is stability. Functionality
that currently works in our 3.4 code base should continue to
work as expected in the new 3.6 release. These include various ajax
optimizations, needinfo actor support, frontpage.cgi, product
browser, several various UI enhancements, and of course the XMLRPC API.

Please feel free to point your various scripts and third party
applications that use the XMLRPC API at the test server to make sure
they continue to function properly.

There are numerous other changes behind the scenes that we haven't
listed. The goal is to make sure that functionality that people
have come to expect in 3.4 is possible in the new system.

There are also numerous new features/fixes that are part of the upstream
3.6 release. For more detailed information on what has
changed since the last release, check out the release notes page at
https://partner-bugzilla.redhat.com/page.cgi?id=release-notes.html .

The database is a recent snapshot of the live database so should be
useful for testing to make sure the information is displayed
properly and changeable. Also with a full snapshot it is possible to
test for any performance related issues. Email has been
disabled so that unnecessary spam is not sent out. So
feel free to make changes to bugs to verify proper working order.

We are asking for everyone to get involved as much as possible with
testing and feedback on the beta releases to help us make this
the most robust and stable release possible.

Please file any enhancement requests or bug reports in our current
Bugzilla system at https://bugzilla.redhat.com . File them under
the Bugzilla product and relevant component with the version 3.6. With
everyone's help we can make this a great release.

Thanks
The Red Hat Bugzilla Team