Release criteria proposal: basic graphics mode boot

Adam Williamson awilliam at
Thu Aug 12 02:35:30 UTC 2010

Another proposed release criterion. This stems from ; we agreed that it
really ought to always be possible to workaround a broken X driver for

Alpha: "The graphical boot menu for all installation images should
include an entry which causes both installation and the installed system
to use a generic, highly compatible video driver (such as 'vesa'). This
mechanism should work as described."

(I'd actually say live boot menu should have the same option, but
currently it doesn't and we can't change the world with release
criteria :> I'll try and work up a patch for that to propose).