bizarre yum

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 12 05:05:27 UTC 2010

On 2010/08/11 23:25 (GMT-0400) seth vidal composed:

> On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 23:15 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

>> 1-updated F13/KDE system this AM.

>> 2-cloned the F13 partition to another partition

>> 3-changed the clone's UUID

>> 4-adjusted the clone's grub.conf & fstab, then booted it

>> 5-rpm -Uvh fedora-release-14-0.7.noarch.rpm

>> 6-yum update yum rpm (fails)

>> 7-yum update yum rpm --nogpgcheck --skip-broken

>> Result:
>> 119 packages installed, among them freetype, kde, fontconfig-devel, akonadi,
>> qt-webkit, libXinerama-devel, libchamplain-gtk, amarok, qt-webkit, BackupPC,
>> compat-gdbm

>> What happened? Brain fart, bug(s), or is this expected?

> Gonna need a lot more information to diagnose this. What 'failed' with
> the step 6?

Looked to me like yum didn't know how to parse /etc/pki/*, or how to resolve
deps (e.g. alchemist, which I fixed with yum remove but forgot to mention)
without using --skip-broken, which it suggested as a workaround.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/