Unable to move messages in evolution

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 22:54:55 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm using evolution-2.31.5-2 (rawhide user) and I seem to have hit a
problem which I want to check before putting it into the big lizard...

(backstory)
My HD died taking with it my evolution mail folders and a pile of other
stuff. Re-install and update to rawhide, set up filters.

In previous versions of rawhide, I'd download my emails, set up the
folders and then set up the filters. A quick CTRL A, CTRL Y and the mail
would be sorted and wiped. Anything left, I could move by just dragging
it to the correct folder.

Under the version I'm using here, I can't do this. Filtering works but
only on emails that came in after the filters were set up (so Inbox
boasts 1357 emails that can only be deleted, not moved)

The not being able to move emails problem isn't just restricted to
"Inbox". I have a folder called "mine" and one called "jobs" (as always,
the jobs one is empty). If I want to move something from "mine" to
"jobs", this also doesn't work (no movement of email).

Is anyone else seeing this or is there a quick way to fix the problem?

TTFN

Paul