RC4 And Radeon HD5670:: Closer, half a ciga

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sat Aug 14 01:11:25 UTC 2010

  On 08/13/2010 02:32 PM, test-request at lists.fedoraproject.org wrote:
> Message: 4 Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 09:46:18 -0700 From: Adam Williamson
> <awilliam at redhat.com> Subject: Re: RC4 And Radeon HD5670:: Closer,
> half a cigar To: For testers of Fedora development releases
> <test at lists.fedoraproject.org> Message-ID:
> <1281717978.4038.70.camel at adam.local.net> Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset="UTF-8" On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 03:37 -0700, Chuck Forsberg
> WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
>> >  The install disk default boot ignores the keyboard after
>> >  the screen goes dark.  Previously, the keyboard kept
>> >  working.
>> >
>> >  Better luck with vesa graphics install.  Installation was
>> >  nominal even with "nomodeset" removed from DVD boot line.
>> >
>> >  The resultant install works at 1200x1600 but can't be set
>> >  the the 1200x1920 resolution of the Dell 24 inch LCD.
> How about if you switch back to the radeon driver (remove
> the /etc/X11/xorg.conf or /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/something.conf file which
> specifies vesa as the video driver)? Does it work then, or is the radeon
> driver broken post-install as well as during install?
>
>> >  The annoying habit of turning off the network on boot
>> >  is still with us.  Talk about something to chase away
>> >  novices......
>> >
>> >  Now to see if I can install the ATI driver to get a
>> >  desktop as nice to use as Ubuntu.
> Please test radeon first, thanks.
> -- Adam Williamson Fedora QA Community Monkey IRC: adamw | Fedora
> Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org http://www.happyassassin.net
Without xorg.conf the 64 bit flavor comes up with a black screen
and the monitor reports loss of signal.   But the keyboard
did not go dead.

I noticed that  add/remove software doesn't seem to do anything,
had to use yum instead.  This on 32 and 64 bit flavors.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com