F14 RC4 install: I am having problems with Fdisk

John Dulaney j_dulaney at live.com
Mon Aug 16 13:19:08 UTC 2010

I have yet to file a bug report, although I intend to, but briefly F14 RC4 install fails on Fdisk error involving Python.  I will RE: with bug report as soon as I finish composing relevant data.  Since the problem appears to be software (python) related and not hardware, I think this would be a candidate for a blocker.

Basic summary:  I have highly partitioned hard drives on all my boxes, and on two with a scheme of sda1 for a stable F13 install, sda2 for /home, sda3 for F13 testing, sda4 for F14, and sda5 for swap, the Fdisk failed when I told it to use sda4 for / (format ext4), sda2 for /home (ext4, no format), sda5 for swap (I format this by default with all test installs).  Fdisk will not make it to formatting anything, and displays an error message.  Since I haven't a hard drive mounted at this point, the error message cannot be saved to the local machine and I had to send it over my network.  Annoying, but workable.

Further information will be in the bug report.

John Dulaney