Boot time graphics

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 14:20:00 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
> Once upon a time we had great graphics with the sub throwing off flares,
> boiling plasma, etc. Now the boot animation is, at best, pedestrian.
> What happened, and was this a policy change that all the WOW was put
> compiz dancing and wobbling windows, or just a lack of someone to do a
> "look at that" boot screen?
>
> --
> Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
>  "We can't solve today's problems by using the same thinking we
>   used in creating them." - Einstein
>

> --

It's called the "Throbber" (can hear bevis and butthead giggle and
make a comment). Looked okay to me, didn't give it much thought until
you remind of what came before. Until recently I would see it only
rarely being a freedom hater and using the bad nvidia drivers.

Test might not get a lot of response on this, I think there is an art
team list. If memory is telling me correctly there was a how to make a
custom throbber on the planet. It was a while ago though.