[Fedora QA] #116: Clarify https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_FileConflicts to say that explicit Conflicts: are acceptable

Fedora QA trac at fedorahosted.org
Wed Aug 18 16:35:17 UTC 2010

#116: Clarify https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_FileConflicts
to say that explicit Conflicts: are acceptable
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  adamwill  |       Owner:  rhe
      Type:  defect    |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  Wiki      |     Version:
Resolution:            |    Keywords:
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by adamwill):

 kparal: "How do we check "available for selection"? We can't crawl through
 all the package lists to see whether a package is available for selection
 or not."

 For the groups that you can pick during install (where you pick 'desktop'
 or 'minimal' or whatever), simple - just do an install and try picking
 each.

 For manual package selection, I'm told only packages listed in comps and
 marked as 'visible' are available there. It should be trivial to generate
 that list and compare it against the list of packages we find are
 conflicting.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/116#comment:13>
Fedora QA <http://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa>