FC14: Odd yum results

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Tue Aug 24 19:05:10 UTC 2010

> On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 10:32 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> > On 08/24/2010 05:23 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > > There's an update to gnome-desktop3 pending which resolves the issue.
> > > Just wait.
> >
> > You know since this is the test list and we are testers, the proper way
> > to handle situation like these is to install the pending update and
> > provide feedback and karma points so this get pushed to updates.
>
> Of course. I meant to wait until it lands in updates-testing.

This has been bugging me. I wonder if there is something we can do to
speed up packages going from updates-candidate to updates-testing ? Will
we get this automated when autoqa takes effect ?

The turnaround times are really unfortunate, especially right after
alpha, when we are still in heavy bug-fixing / tying up loose ends mode.
Maybe we should revise the package acceptance criteria to differentiate
between updates for a released product and updates into the branch, but
before release ?