Help review the preupgrade-cli test please

He Rui rhe at redhat.com
Fri Aug 27 07:03:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 08:51 -0400, James Laska wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 14:24 +0800, He Rui wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I just created a case for testing preupgrade-cli. Anyone who is
> > interested in it or used to upgrade by using this command please help
> > review this test:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Preupgrade_cli
> >
> > Any suggestion/correction/comment is welcomed. And preupgrade test
> > day[1] is coming next Thursday(09-02), stay tuned!
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Hurry
> >
> > [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-09-02_Preupgrade
>
> Looks good!  For the test day, we may want to encourage testers to
> explore additional command-line options?  But I don't think we need to
> articulate all possibilities in the test case, thoughts?
Good idea. What do you think if I add the followings under step4 in the
case:

Additionally, you can customize the process by specifying command-line
options, use <pre>preupgrade-cli --help</pre> to look up a list of
available options.

At the expected result, add:

The specified command-line option should be functional.

> I moved the part about running preupgrade-cli with no options to a
> distinct action+result.

Much better!

> Thanks,
> James