Interesting New results with F14 ALpha

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Aug 28 14:49:13 UTC 2010

> > >         My F14 system is doing this as well, updated as of yesterday.
> > >          Looks
> > >         like it stops during boot and requires root password for
> > >         maint.  But
> > >         after that, you can init 5 and boot continues to gdm login
> > >         screen.
> > >
> > > could be this:
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F14_bugs#systemd_package_update_breaks_default_boot_target
> > And it should be fixed with systemd-8-2 IIRC.
>
> Still not fixed, with updates as of this morning.

The prefdm problem is new. It appears to be that for some reason it won't
run properly during the boot, but you can start it by the time you get
the maintenance prompt.

I had thought that I might have hosed up my systems on my own, but since
other people are seeing this, I'll make sure there is a bug filed.