No shutdown after upgrade 8-28-10

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Aug 30 02:51:21 UTC 2010

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 16:47:57 -0400,
>   Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
>> This is a new one, latest upgrade to FC14a3 resulted in it refusing to shut
>> down. And after I did a sync and took it down the file systems were unhappy on
>> reboot. Oh well, it was alpha.
>>
>> Some final screen dumps are in www.tmr.com/~davidsen/FC14 if anyone cares, I
>> just was wondering if others had the same issue.
>
> There was a version of systemd that had that issue. Upgrading to the
> current version (8-3) might fix it.

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to note this, after a brute force
power down the filesystems were in need of more work than I would normally give
an alpha "toy" install, and since I had the install CD and a local repo of all
the upgrades post-install, I created a 2nd toy system in another VM, and after
full upgrades it's fine.

The old one is there in case I feel ambitious.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>