Tried to install F14 Alpha in QEMU on F13; hang during boot

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Aug 30 21:09:34 UTC 2010

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
>   On 08/30/2010 03:38 PM, Matt McCutchen wrote:

>>> This is unlikely to work. I suggest to append "-m 512" to the start-up
>>> options in order to enable 512 MB of system memory. QEMU default value
>>> is 128 MB of system memory.
>> That was the problem.  Thanks.
>>
> Hum if this is a case perhaps it's best to file a bug report and ask for
> the default value to be increased to 512 MB

I assume that you mean the default minimum memory in the installer, and not that
you would expect the default in qemu to change. That undoubtedly would break
existing systems which don't specify memory size, some of which would run out of
memory using 4x more for each VM.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>