Firefox out of date

martin tack tack649 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 20:00:15 UTC 2010

2010/8/31 Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com>

> On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 21:03 +0200, martin tack wrote:
> >

> > 2010/8/31 David <dgboles at gmail.com>
> >         The current Firefox 4.0 is beta 4 with beta 5 scheduled for
> >         release
> >         (Tentative) Sept 6, 2010.
> >
> >         The current stable release of Firefox is 3.6.8 with the
> >         release for
> >         Firefox 3.6.9 also scheduled for release on Sept 7, 2010.
> >
> >         The current version of Firefox in both f-14 and Rawhide is
> >         3.6.4.
> >
> >         Did I miss something? Would anyone know why Firefox is so far
> >         out of date?
> >         --
> >

> >          David
> >         --
> >
> > Have to join your request ,
> >
> > since about 1 h ago , I'm excluded by BBC news site ( well only html
> > pages ! ).
>
> You need to be more specific and state the exact error. http://bbc.co.uk
> works fine for me. Sure you don't have some user-agent extension
> running?
>
> poc
>
> --

I had only AdBlok and NoScript (disabled for now)

quote :*This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style
sheets (CSS) enabled.

and quote : **Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling
style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

So ? !**

For a test I have booted a repair OS (quirky) . There I went to BBC with

SeaMonkey (v2.0.4) amazing !

Some help appreciated ,** for once** I don't get it ?*
--
Tack Martin