New BugZapper Introduction

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Aug 31 21:37:07 UTC 2010

> On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 16:33 +0100, Drew Boswell wrote:
> > Hi, I've been using fedora for a while now and want to contribute, I'm
> > looking forward to helping out in any way possible with the fedora
> > bugzappers team. My name Is Andrew, I am bilingual in french and
> > english and live in Edinburgh Scotland. I'm currently studying
> > computer science at the momen.
> >
> > My experience in Fedora is mainly of programming in C or Java, however
> > I have used (lex/yacc) before as well as some graphic design. I would
> > be please to work in any area really.
> >
> > My IRC nick is kendoka1401. I would like to help in any area that
> > needs it, however I think I will need some help to get started with
> > triaging as I am new to this, however I'm a quick study so no worries!
>
> Hi, Andrew. I don't think you've applied to the 'triagers' FAS group
> yet; we need you to do that to complete your application. Thanks, and
> thanks for volunteering!

Never mind; I see you did apply, just a long time ago :). Thanks again
for volunteering, and I've sponsored your application. Here's the
reading list we send all new recruits. Please do feel free to pop into
#fedora-bugzappers and ask if anyone would like to mentor you; hopefully
someone will volunteer. If not, let the list know, and we'll do our best
to sort you out. Thanks again!

Here is a list of components which we'd like BugZappers to work on as a
priority, there's lots available.
The list is at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Components_and_Triagers

we'd recommend you pick a component from that list that you feel
comfortable working on, then contact its maintainer to say you'll be
working on triaging it, and ask if they have any tips or special
requests. Then read:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Tools
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/FindingBugs
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/How_to_Triage
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/FindingDuplicates
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/StockBugzillaResponses

To see how the process works (I know that looks like a lot of pages, but
several of them are pretty short, and they all work together). Please do
join #fedora-bugzappers and ask if you have any questions or problems,
there's usually another team member around who can help you out. Thanks
a lot for volunteering your time!