call for tests

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Thu Dec 2 20:32:18 UTC 2010

On 12/02/2010 11:53 AM, Chris Lumens wrote:
> As you know, we've got this automated storage test system for anaconda
> now.  I've got enough tests to cover all the partitioning parts of the
> Fedora test matrix (except for resizing, which kickstart cannot
> express).  You can see the list of tests for yourself here:
>
>     http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=autoqa.git;a=tree;f=tests/anaconda_storage/framework/suites;hb=refs/heads/clumens
>
> What I'm interested in is more suggestions for tests.  If you can come
> up with a good description of what the disks look like when we start,
> what we should do to them, and what they should look like when we're
> done that would be very helpful.
>
> I'll keep a list in git.
>
> What'd be even more helpful would be if people were interested in
> writing tests themselves.  I might try to offer training for this at
> FUDCon or perhaps in irc one day given enough interest.  If you wanted
> to write a test, you'd need to:
>
> * Know python well.  I'm not willing to teach people how to program.
> * Have some familiarity with python's unittest module.  This is easy.
>    If you can program, you can pick it up in about five minutes.
> * Know kickstart well.  The tests themselves are run through kickstart
>    files, so you need to know how to express various partitioning setups.
>    I can teach this.
> * Be really picky.
> * Know what anaconda's expected behavior is.  This is pretty tough, but
>    I'm willing to explain this as needed.
>
> - Chris

Don't know about the python part, but:

Install / to a LV over raid10 after first reducing the LVs in the VG to
gain the space, /boot on an available partition, mount all other LV
distros and their /boot partitions, mount all other non-LV partitions.

This is basically what I ask anaconda to do when a new fedora release
starts thru the development cycle.  Reducing the LVs did not work during
the F14 cycle.

Regards,
OldFart