[Fedora QA] #152: Test Cases Management

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Dec 3 15:30:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 16:06 +0100, xcieja wrote:
> Hi,
> yes, you are right there are tests, but in my opinion they are in few
> different places under different  categories.

That wasn't what I meant: I meant we already use the Wiki for the
purposes you identified as an advantage of a TCMS (listing the tests
that need to be performed in relation to some specific process, and
whether they have already been performed, by whom, and with which
result).

> I think we could organise them better -i.e create test category and put
> all of them instead of many places.

We sure could, but we don't necessarily need a TCMS to do this. :) Note
that we do try to keep them all within one Wiki namespace and we do use
Wiki categories to organize some test cases.

> Moreover, i just have taken a look briefly and i see there are round 100
> test cases in total (please correct me if i am wrong).I think that for
> such project/system it is not enough at all.
>
> We have big community, let`s assume everyone from QA create one test, we
> will have quite huge number of tests and obviously more faults detected
> before main release, less corrections after=better stability,usability->
> better overall opinion.

Sure, we can always do with more test cases.

> Please don`t get me wrong -if it works  fine like now i don`t want to
> create something new.Please treat as as comments of newcomer in the project.

Not at all :)