call for tests

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Fri Dec 3 19:46:08 UTC 2010

> I think you may have stated this already, which of the manual
> installation validation storage tests [1] are now automated using your
> unittests?

Under "Install Variations & General Tests", all the Partitioning area
except for QA:Testcase_Anaconda_autopart_(shrink)_install is now
automated.  I additionally have some more complicated ones.

> I think bcl (or pjones) mentioned creating a iSCSI test case where we
> start an iSCSI target on the virt host, and include iSCSI initiator
> information in the kickstart.  Might be fun, but I likely not in the
> category "easy".

This is absolutely doable, though not exactly easy.  Is this
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_ISCSI_No_Authentication?
I'm sure an authentication test could be done as well.

> With regards to different devices, is there any value in testing
> different qemu storage drivers (PATA, SATA, SCSI, USB)?

Hard to say.  It's part of the test matrix so there is some value there,
but I don't know how much difference it truly makes as far as anaconda
is concerned.

- Chris