New BugZapper Introduction

Andy Kazmaier andy.kazmaier at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 23:28:50 UTC 2010

Hello!

My name is Andy and I'd like to contribute to the BugZappers.

I was a client/server Windows developer for about 12 years before moving
into IT operations about 6 years ago.  For the past 14 months, I've been a
RHEL 5 administrator at Boise State University in the Office of IT.
 Overall, I have about a year and a half of professional linux experience.

I started out in the Gentoo and Debian worlds, and have moved over to Red
Hat since working at BSU.  I'm a RHEL 5 RHCT (605009686627870), and I'm
working on my RHEL 6 RHCE.  Because of the version change, my first step is
taking the RHEL 6 RHCSA on January 7th in Seattle.

At home I use Fedora, and would like to learn more about it and become a
more proficient administrator at the same time.  I really want to become
more familiar with packages, and the linux source code.  Right now they are
both giant black boxes to me.

Oh yeah, and my IRC nick is just my name: andykazmaier

I will need a hand getting started triaging, but I'm sure my dev and QA
experience will kick in shortly.  ;)

Thanks,

Andy Kazmaier
Boise, Idaho, USA