updates improvements/changes ideas

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Dec 6 23:19:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 12:40:25 -0500
James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:

...snip...

> > * setup a remote test env that people could use to test things.
>
> I could use more details on this point.  Is this talking about setting
> up QA systems hosted in Fedora infrastructure that any tester could
> login and use to test updates?

Yes.

Perhaps something with virtual instances?
*tester requests a base f14
*machine is built and mails tester info.
*tester logs into machine, applies update that they are testing, tests.
*tester logs out and machine autoreaps away.

I admit this is pie in the sky without a cloud infrastructure in place,
but it would be pretty cool. ;)

...snip...

> > * PK updates-testing integration of some kind.
>
> Open to any ideas here ... are you thinking about some PK
> updates-testing feedback workflow.  Like integrating
> fedora-easy-karma? Something else?

Yes, a fedora-easy-karma type thing.
Also, abrt could offer to install a testing package where available
when a package crashes?

Thanks for the excellent feedback!

kevin