an update includes two different release

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 10:19:57 UTC 2010

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 09:20:47 +0530, A wrote:

> I was testing qt-4.7.1-5 for karma, which is pushed to
> updates-testing. it is released for Fedora 14, but
> it includes two bugs
>
> #660028 -> Fedora 14
> #622164 -> Fedora 13
>
> Is this correct or any mistake?
> qt-4.7.1-5 built for both fedora 13/14.

If bug 622164 also affects Fedora 14 (which is likely if the Qt packages
on F14 and F13 are in sync), this is expected.

[The Fedora Updates System (bodhi) would need to be much more complex,
if you wanted to have the F14 Qt update close only bug 660028 and track
622164 nevertheless. So far the only choice is to leave the bugs open
and close them manually, e.g. after the F13 Qt update is released as
well. One cannot decrease the bugzilla spam for multi-dist updates
either.]