Users are supposed to test latest F14 mdadm update?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun Dec 12 17:31:58 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 00:27 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 23:41:14 +0100, Dennis wrote:
>
> > > Don't you trust the results of the testing [process] in general?
> > > Or do you think the mentioned tests are insufficient?
> > > And why would less verbose update notes be preferable?
> >
> > I'm not sure what you are referring to.
>
> I'm trying to understand what exactly your main concerns are:
>
> 1) The Update Details, which contain instructions for testers as
> well as normal users (and which, unfortunately, are overlong and
> duplicate due to a bug/feature in bodhi).

What Dennis is suggesting is that this section of the update
notification text should have been removed before the update was pushed
from updates-testing to stable, which is a reasonable suggestion. I'm
not actually sure, however, that it's possible - I don't know if you can
edit the update notification test after creating the update.