[Fedora QA] #154: Tracker: critical path test case creation

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Dec 13 21:06:33 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 15:43 -0500, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:

> >   what does everyone think, particularly of the naming and the
> >   categorization? I don't quite feel that this one's nailed down yet, if
> >   anyone has smart ideas that'd be great. thanks.
> >
>   Seems straightforward.  I assume it doesn't make any difference if
> bios raid devices are being used as well as mdadm created devices.

actually, it does. Most BIOS RAID devices aren't handled by mdadm (only
recent Intel BIOS RAID devices are), and there are different codepaths
there, so theoretically, software RAID and Intel BIOS RAID could be in
different states - one working and the other broken. The Grand Plan
would be to have separate test cases for each.

But the content of this specific test case isn't really the important
thing here, it's just an example to give a feel for how the whole
critpath test case setup will look. I threw it together in half an hour
or so, it wasn't carefully worked out (or, well, tested :>)