Long rawhide network startup and long rawhide restart

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Mon Dec 13 21:14:28 UTC 2010

By long, I mean about 60 secs for the network to come up once I see the
startup cmd and for reboot, I can go get a cup of coffee and come back
to see the boot process finally underway.

For the network slowness I wonder if this is related:  I see that
something is recreating /etc/hosts with an IP address that does not
match what ifconfig has.  I haven't touched how the network is setup
with installation defaults since, oh, maybe Fedora 2.

For restart, I do see a msg that says:  Suspending testsuite:  and then
an increasing counter that is in the MBs.  I can eventually kill it with
several Ctrl-Alt-Del's.

Using systemd only on up-to-date rawhide.

Anyone else seeing this?  Been going on for awhile now.  Not seeing in
F14.

Systemd issues?  Combination issues?  Just typical rawhide fun?

TIA

Regards,
OldFart