QA - Decembers Holiday vacation.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 08:11:35 UTC 2010

So it's that time of the year again when some celebrate Christmas and other celebrate Winter solstice surrounded by trolls elves and what not regardless of religion or no religion it's a time of vacation for many of us and as Max put "in short" on another thread on another list.

"Some people's (both Red Hatters and non-Red Hatters) attitude was "ah, it's finally the two weeks of the year where I can ignore my computer completely and have a guilt-free vacation!"

Other people's (again both Red Hatters and non-Red Hatters) attitude was "ah, it's finally the two weeks of the year where I don't have anything else that I have to do and I can spend more time on Fedora!"

==

These two conflicting approaches to the last 2 weeks of December led to some frustration, in which people were trying to get stuff done for Fedora in that time period, but couldn't get in touch with other folks with whom they'd normally collaborate."

So if you fall into the latter of the two of what Max mentioned ( like I do ) and you rely on something that's needs to be done by other members within other communities in the project I suggest you try to contacting them as soon as possible since vacation might be starting next week ( like it does for me ) and many corporates shut down no later then 24. Dec and don't open again until on the new year.

Given that many of us might not be available I propose that we postpone any QA meetings ( either immitedly or after next meeting 20. Dec ) until 3. or 10. of January 2011 unless there are some urgent matters that need to be addressed before that time.

JBG