QA - Decembers Holiday vacation.

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Dec 15 16:41:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 08:11 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> So it's that time of the year again when some celebrate Christmas and other celebrate Winter solstice surrounded by trolls elves and what not regardless of religion or no religion it's a time of vacation for many of us and as Max put "in short" on another thread on another list.
>
> "Some people's (both Red Hatters and non-Red Hatters) attitude was "ah, it's finally the two weeks of the year where I can ignore my computer completely and have a guilt-free vacation!"
>
> Other people's (again both Red Hatters and non-Red Hatters) attitude was "ah, it's finally the two weeks of the year where I don't have anything else that I have to do and I can spend more time on Fedora!"
>
> ==
>
> These two conflicting approaches to the last 2 weeks of December led
> to some frustration, in which people were trying to get stuff done for
> Fedora in that time period, but couldn't get in touch with other folks
> with whom they'd normally collaborate."
>
> So if you fall into the latter of the two of what Max mentioned ( like
> I do ) and you rely on something that's needs to be done by other
> members within other communities in the project I suggest you try to
> contacting them as soon as possible since vacation might be starting
> next week ( like it does for me ) and many corporates shut down no
> later then 24. Dec and don't open again until on the new year.
>
> Given that many of us might not be available I propose that we
> postpone any QA meetings ( either immitedly or after next meeting 20.
> Dec ) until 3. or 10. of January 2011 unless there are some urgent
> matters that need to be addressed before that time.

Agreed.  I'm planning to be around next Monday (Dec 20) and was intended
to host our final meeting of the year.  I won't be available to host the
QA meeting on Dec 27.  As always, anyone is able to host the meeting
using previous minutes on the wiki as a guide
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings).

Additionally, I'll put out some feelers on Jan 3 to see who is around,
and if there are any urgent issues that surfaced over the holidays that
require attention.

Thanks,
James