plymouth screens broken with F14 + updates?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Dec 23 04:44:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 09:49:24AM +1100, Steven Haigh wrote:

> I modified the above a little to suit:
>
> # /sbin/new-kernel-pkg --package kernel --mkinitrd --dracut --depmod
> --update 2.6.35.9-64.fc14.i686
> W: Cannot load dracut module "plymouth", dependencies failed.
> #

$ file /sbin/new-kernel-pkg
/sbin/new-kernel-pkg: Bourne-Again shell script text executable

So you can run 'sh -x /sbin/new-kernel-pkg --package kernel ....',
redirect both stdout and stderr to a file and later try to see what
really prints these "dependencies failed" and why.  It is really
hard to guess what is the issue in your case.

   Michal