2010-02-01 @ 16:00 UTC (11am EST) - Fedora QA Meeting Recap

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon Feb 1 20:52:02 UTC 2010

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20100201.

= Attendees =

People present (lines said)
* jlaska (163)
* kparal (48)
* adamw (45)
* wwoods (31)
* Oxf13 (23)
* maxamillion (7)
* nirik (4)
* zodbot (3)
* skvidal (2)
* poelcat (1)

Regrets:

* [[User:liam]]
* [[User:rhe]]

= Agenda =
*
[http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-February/088258.html
Proposed meeting agenda]
*
[http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-02-01/qa.2010-02-01-16.01.html meetbot summary]

== Previous meeting follow-up ==

# jlaska to add bugzilla shared query links to Common_Bugs wiki page
#* beland added links to [[Common_F13_bugs]] page
# wwoods and kparal to talk about design ideas
#* No discussion took place yet, but kparal noted he'd like to have a
small group meet and discuss requirements.  Wwoods agreed and suggested
outlining some requirements and goals before we start looking at
tools/implementations
# adamw update on security policy
#* Sent to devel at f.fp.org list for review from a wider audience (see
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2010-January/129978.html)
#* Will continue to monitor feedback and adjust drafts as needed

== Release validation wiki updates ==

[[User:rhe|rhe]] and [[User:adamwill|awilliam]] coordinated to improve
the wiki presence of several release validation efforts, including
installation test and desktop sanity test.  Adamw gave a quick update
noting that so far we've added the installation validation testing wiki
page ([[QA:Installation_validation_testing]]), a a desktop validation
testing wiki page, which is still full of duct tape
([[QA:Desktop_validation_testing]]), and modified the QA/Join page to
mention this testing ([[QA/Join#Release_validation]]).

Jlaska asked if we should change the install-specific nature of the QA
schedule to reference the more all-encompassing ''release validation''
efforts.  Adam agreed.

Adam concluded noting there will be other types of validation we could
do in future; there's already a couple of criteria we can test that
don't really come under installation or desktop groups.

== Rawhide Acceptance Testing ==

Last week, 2010-01-28 was the second pre-Alpha rawhide acceptance test
milestone.  Jkeating and dlehman coordinated to do a second compose (see
[https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/3292 rel-eng ticket#3292]).
Install images were built and posted on alt.fedoraproject.org.  Since
AutoQA doesn't yet monitor this location for new install images, tests
were initiated manually.

Test Summary:
* Automated ''rats_install'' PASS (note bug#559597 prevents initramfs
creation)
* AutoQA updates supports split URL compose now (using stage2= and
repo=)
* Results available at
[[Test_Results:Fedora_13_Rawhide_Acceptance_Test_2]].

Next Steps:
* Fix AutoQA post-tree-compose hook to monitor for RAT droppings (see
[https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/ticket/115 ticket#115])
* 2010-02-04 test run

Questions/Concerns:
* Jkeating asked what does 'last known good' (LKG) mean? - Does it mean
that the install images '''and''' package source are good?  Jlaska felt
that for QA, it means here's we tested a particular install image and
package set, and it was good.  Adamw offered to help document this on
the wiki, but asked for clarification/guidance once the mechanics have
settled down.
* Jlaska asked how do we know we're done with the 'last known
good' (LKG) project?, Jkeating offered ...

    <Oxf13> in my head there is a simple webpage that is maintained by
QA
    <Oxf13> this webpage describes Last Known Good and the fact that
rawhide no
    longer has images of it's own
    <Oxf13> onthis page would be links to the install image files, and
to the tree
    of packages it was found to be good with
    <Oxf13> with instructions on how to combine the two into an install
    <Oxf13> and finally notes that without picking a specific repo of
packages, the
    images will attempt to install the latest repo of packages on the
mirror system
    <Oxf13> which has not been validated, and may not work

== AutoQA project update ==

=== Deps/conflicts prevention ===

* Milestone - https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/milestone/autoqa%
20depcheck
* Owner - [[User:wwoods]]

''Last week''
* wwoods working with skvidal and other rpm hackers to try and solve the
depcheck problem
* wwoods looking for help in doing the post-bodhi-update hook
* kparal has code for generating fake RPMs for testing in git as
rpmguard_test.py
* Friday afternoon I got a working yum-based prototype of the depcheck
code (see
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=autoqa.git;a=blob;f=tests/depcheck/depcheck)

''This week''
* Build a testsuite to validate depchecks functionality (possibly using
rpmfluff)

=== rpmguard and autoqa results collection ===

* Milestone - https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/milestone/Package%20update
%20tests
* Owner - [[User:kparal]]

''Last week''
* Address [https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/ticket/113 ticket#113] - skip
checks against same package NVR
* Address [https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/ticket/114 ticket#114] -
locate latest previous package from stable and updates repos.  Makes it
easier to run the test manually at some future date.

''This week''
* Initial brainstorming on results db ideas

=== install automation ===

* Milestone - https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/milestone/Automate%
20installation%20test%20plan
* Owner - [[User:lili]], [[User:rhe]]

''Last week''
* Liam announced a DVD install test case to autoqa-devel list (see
https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/autoqa-devel/2010-January/000178.html)!

''This week''
* Continue discussion around dvd-install test case and identify how to
proceed

=== packaging/deployment ===

* Milestone - https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/milestone/Packaging%20and%
20Review
* Owner - [[User:jlaska]]

''Last week''
* Process akurtakov's feedback and remove all ''uncertain'' JAR files
from the list (see [[User:Jlaska/gwt#Status_uncertain]]).

''This week''
* Seek guidance from upstream GWT for ...
*# Cases where multiple versions of a JAR are bundled
*# Need for remaining bundled JARs?  (see
[[User:Jlaska/gwt#Status_uncertain]])
*# Begin packaging JPackage JAR files for Fedora

== Open discussion - <Your topic here> ==

= Upcoming QA events =

* 2010-01-21 - [[Test_Results:Fedora_13_Rawhide_Acceptance_Test_1|
Pre-Alpha Rawhide Acceptance Test Plan #1]]
* 2010-01-28 - [[Test_Results:Fedora_13_Rawhide_Acceptance_Test_2|
Pre-Alpha Rawhide Acceptance Test Plan #2]]
* 2010-02-04 - [[Test_Results:Fedora_13_Rawhide_Acceptance_Test_3|
Pre-Alpha Rawhide Acceptance Test Plan #3]]
* 2010-02-04 - [[Test_Day:2010-02-04_NFS|NFSv4 Test Day]]
* 2010-02-05 - Alpha Blocker Meeting (F13Alpha) #1
* 2010-02-11 - Test Alpha 'Test Compose' (boot media testing)
* 2010-02-12 - Alpha Blocker Meeting (F13Alpha) #2

= Action items =

# request zodbot tracking for updated F-13 QA RSS feeds (blocker bugs,
common_bugs? etc...
# jlaska to organize a gobby meeting with wwoods+kparal to begin
requirements/goal definition for a results db
# jlaska to discuss updating QA schedule with poelstra to reflect new
'release validation' focus
# jlaska and adamw to work on drafting a 'last known good' wiki page