Kernel build fails with error in header file. Looks like typo.

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Feb 3 16:40:52 UTC 2010

stan wrote:
> I'm building the 2.6.32.7-37 kernel from source using the method in the
> Fedora wiki.  The 2.6.31 kernels have been building fine, but this one
> fails with the following errors.  It looks like someone inadvertently
> did an extra paste in a header file.

That definitely looks like a bug to me. It's been there at least since
2.6.32.4 (oldest I have installed at the moment). It was fixed[1] in the
.33 branch.

I'd file a bug with bugzilla.redhat.com. It's a Red Hat feature and
looks like they are pushing[2] for inclusion into either .33 or .34.

[1]
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/frob/linux-2.6-utrace.git;a=commitdiff;h=ed1f9c2d9c3b7abe6a82e5aaa0d479e6736fdfe4
[2] http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/1/19/384