Testing 2.6.32-7 kernel

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Feb 3 19:20:24 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 13:39:37 -0500,
  Kyle McMartin <kyle at mcmartin.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 11:36:46AM -0700, Kevin DeKorte wrote:
> > The 2.6.32-40 kernel is pretty decent. On my T400 -39 didn't work at
> > all. but -40 seems to do the trick nicely. It works happily with both
> > intel and ati video cards.
> >

> Thanks, it's likely still going to be a bit of a rough road as KMS
> settles down from being out of tree to stabilizing in tree. Anyway,
> thanks for testing.

The 2.6.32 f12 kernels seem to be working OK for me in general. I don't
think anything has bitten me recently. I have an rv530 on -39 (which will
go to -40 today) and an nv20 something on and another machine used headless
on the -40 kernel.

On the 2.6.33 kernel I opened a bug about some traceback like info related
to encrypted block devices (but things work). I continue to see only one
cpu used from time to time, but that is an old issue going way back.