Should we be reporting Nouveau 3d bugs yet?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Feb 4 08:50:13 UTC 2010

I noticed that mesa-dri-driver-experimental now enables some new 3d features
for Nouveau in rawhide.
I tried a few 3d games that used to say they couldn't run on that card
(an nv28) and they now start. But everything I have tested that uses the
new features fails. Sometimes resulting in gdm restarting.
I am wondering if this stuff is so new/broken that we should wait a bit
before bothering the developers with bug reports? If we should start making
bug reports are there other things besides xorg.0.log that you'd specifically
be looking for?