No Nightly desktop builds since 2010 02 02

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Mon Feb 8 14:28:10 UTC 2010

----- "Tom Mannerhagen" <tom.mannerhagen at glocalnet.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I seem always to be in the shop when the last item is sold in front of my nose....
>
> I have not seen a nightly Desktop build in the http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/desktop/ since some days.
> Are they removed after some time or have a max number of downloads - ok I don't even believe that myself.

The problem is that they are removed always before a new build is started.
If the new build fails, then there is no build to download. Neither the old nor the
new one. We have already consulted nirik whether the old build could be
removed only after successful new build, which would mean we have always
some nightly build available - at least the old one. But there were some difficulties
in this approach, we will see in some time.