System frozen on rawhide at start-up

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 13:12:37 UTC 2010

2010/2/11 James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com>:
> On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 09:08 +0100, Antonio M wrote:
>> I applied latest updates with yumex few minutes ago, that froze during
>> clean-up of some packages, so I rebooted, but system doesn't start any
>> more, as it is not able to start the system logger
>>
>> How do I recover??
>
> Can you remove "rhgb quiet' from the boot options, and watch the console
> for any failure messages.  The boot messages may provide information as
> to what the root cause is.  In addition, it might be good to review the
> packages updated since your last successful reboot.
>
> Thanks,
> James
>
> --

Boot stops in the interactive startup after portreserve (that is o.k.)
and freezes at system logger, i see some messages that udevd is
obsolete but after some time screen blanks and I see some activity on
the hard disk, but system seems locked..
any idea??

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag