boot hangs with rsyslog-4.4.2-5.fc13.x86_64

MartinG gronslet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 20:13:38 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Steven I Usdansky
<usdanskys at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> I booted another distro on my hard drive (a live image on cd or usb stick would work), downloaded the older rpm file from koji, chrooted to my Rawhide installation, then used rpm -Uvh --oldpackage to install.

I added "1" as a boot parameter in grub (hold down ctrl to get to the
menu, press "a" and then " 1", enter -> boot) to get to single user
which worked. Hooked up a wired network, "ifup eth0" and fetched
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/rsyslog/4.4.2/6.fc13/x86_64/rsyslog-4.4.2-6.fc13.x86_64.rpm
which I installed.

That one seems to work. Thanks!

-MartinG