Spins late TM approval

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Feb 18 19:02:29 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 19:42 +0100, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> On 02/18/2010 04:09 PM, Adam Miller wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:
> > <snip>
> >>
> >> The list of spins at this moment in time is at:
> >>
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Spins_Fedora_13
> >>
> >> 9 of these are to be included in the Release, excluding Desktop and KDE
> >> which for some reason are outside of the Spins SIG's processes completely.
> > <snip>
> >
> > Why exactly are these two excluded from the spins process?
> >

> I can't think of any reason.

Historically it was because the "spins" were things "different" from the
main distribution.  The main distribution was the DVD, and the gnome/kde
live images were subsets of that dvd in live form.  Ergo they weren't
"spins", they were just smaller live versions of the main distribution.

That was history, things have and are changing.  But since we're already
past feature freeze for Fedora 13, it looks like Fedora 13 will be more
of the same.  A DVD with both gnome and kde, live versions of gnome and
kde, and a number of "spins" which are different from the main
offerings.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!