Broken dependencies: Fedora 13 development - 2010-02-19

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 12:25:00 UTC 2010

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:43:42 -0800, Jesse wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 11:09 +0000, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> >     fedora-release
>
> This one is fixed by a later update request.  Hopefully we'll get it
> published today.
>
> Michael, would you be at all interested in modifying your script to
> automatically dump negative karma with the broken dep info into the
> update request?

No interest due to several reasons, at least:

* With repoclosure output, there is no mapping from "broken dep to bodhi
ticket". Implementing such a mapping would not be trivial. And a different
strategy of finding dep breakage would duplicate some of what Will Woods
is working on.

* Negative karma on updates, which are marked stable already, is useless.

* Only the bodhi update submitter is notified about comments, afaik.
That is less useful than mailing to the package-owner at ... alias.