Spins late TM approval

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Feb 20 23:14:53 UTC 2010

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> I would rather have the SIG be in a position to make the assumption that
> the Desktop and KDE spins are safe and well-cared of rather then the
> Fedora Project itself doing so, and I would want to eliminate the
> "exception to the normal process" for these spins so that we have one
> less exception to the rules.

Sorry, but I really don't see it as productive to have to reapply for
approval of the KDE spin at every single release. This is just completely
useless bureaucracy.

In fact, I think that quite to the contrary, we should approve more spins as
permanent spins. E.g. XFCE and LXDE are actively cared for, by a FESCo
member no less, what's the point of requiring reapproval for those spins at
each release?

        Kevin Kofler