F13 Alpha RC1

Jim Haynes jhhaynes at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 22 03:36:34 UTC 2010

I had the same problem others have reported with non-working mouse and
keybaord when X starts up.

Then I tried to go ahead and install using the basic video system.
I don't know if the following is a bug or if I just don't understand
what I'm doing.  I have on the first disk a working F12 system, an
old F11 system that I can blow away, a swap partition, and a bunch of
free space.

I told it to do a fresh install and use the free space and it said
it couldn't find any free space.  Then I told it to do a fresh
install and use existing space, and I did not see it give me any
choices about the partitioning that was going to be done or even tell
me what it was going to do when it got to where it said it was going
to write new partition data to the disk, so I backed out.  If I had
been given a choice I would have told it to install in the partition
that currently contains the old F11 system and not touch the working
F12 system. Then I tried telling it to update the F11 system, not what I
really had in mind to do, and in any case anaconda crashed with that
selection.

It's been quite a long time since I used the basic video kind of install,
and I don't remember that far back, but seems like it should give me a
lot more control over partitioning, like the X-install does.  Am I
missing some switches that would get me into more detailed control over
partitioning in the basic video system?

jhhaynes at earthlink dot net