Bug triage SIG question

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 23 02:01:00 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 17:36 -0500, Jon Stanley wrote:

> First is sending monthly status updates (in the context of this group,
> that might be some of Brennan's metrics, etc) to the devel mailing
> list and/or FESCo. This isn't meant as a burden to the group, but
> rather as "hey, look - these guys are doing actual, important work!"
> and possibly getting more contributors to the project.

This would be great if we actually had any statistics. :) Brennan got
his system almost to the 'working alpha' stage at one point, but he's
been a bit, um, erratic in contact lately. Last I heard from him, there
was a plan to do under the bigger Fedora Community umbrella, but right
now we have no efficient statistics generation we could use to send any
kind of interesting updates.

> The second part of that is whether someone would be interested in
> doing a session (or more) of Fedora Classroom in relation to what the
> BugZappers do, why they're important, and an introduction to how to
> effectively triage bugs. I know that this has been done in the past,
> but it's been awhile, and it's something that I think would be very
> well received.

That would be a great idea, does anyone want to volunteer, folks?