Differences between F-13-Alpha-TC2 and F-13-Alpha-RC1

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Feb 23 02:26:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 16:18 -0500, James Laska wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm reviewing the sizable list changes between 'test compose #2' and
> 'release candidate #1' [1].  Some of the notable changes that caused
> RC#1 to fail are selinux-policy, missing system-config-firewall-base,
> and rats_sanity fails on F-13-Alpha-RC1 due to additional missing deps
> [2].
>
> I'm still reviewing the changes, but thought I'd send this to a wider
> audience for some feedback.  Are there other concerns around the list of
> changes between the 2 milestones?  I'm under the impression that 'No
> Frozen Rawhide' will help avoid the random changes for critpath packages
> for future milestones.  Is that accurate?
>
> Thanks,
> James
>
> [1] http://pastie.org/837415
> [2] http://pastie.org/837585
> --

I have not done a full review, but I know a number of these changed
packages happened between the TC compose and the branch event, so they
did not go through bodhi at all.  Had they gone through bodhi we would
have caught some of it, at least the selinux one.  The
system-config-firewall  issue wasn't a changed package, it was a
(transient?) error during the compose that I missed that led to a large
number of missing packages on the media.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!