Some confusion on repos

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 01:16:09 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 06:38:59PM -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 23:34 +0100, Antonio M wrote:
>> After latest updates fedora-release-13-0.6.noarch I found that
>> fedora-updates was disabled and fedora-updates-testing was enabled...
>>
>> [updates-testing]
>> name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - Test Updates
>> failovermethod=priority
>> #baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/updates/testing/$releasever/$basearch/
>> mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=updates-testing-f$releasever&arch=$basearch
>> enabled=1
>> gpgcheck=1
>> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch
>>
>> I don't understand the meaning of this choice.
>
>I'm just guessing here, but could it because F13 hasn't been released
>yet? Presumably fedora-updates is meaningless until it is.

That's exactly right.  This is part of the No Frozen Rawhide effort.  Packages
for the yet-to-be-released F13 branch (hence called Branched) go through bodhi
as they would a stable release, however when pushed to "stable" they go directly
into the Branched release composes (the dist-f13 tag).  Once we get closer to
F13 release, they will start going to f13-updates.

josh