Bug in QA:Testcase_Mediakit_Repoclosure

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 08:54:47 UTC 2010

----- "Kamil Paral" <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:

> ----- "James Laska" <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Yeah, exactly.  Very odd.  The only way adding --newest would fail
> > and
> > not using --newest would work is if there were multiple kernel
> > packages
> > on the RC2 DVD media.
>
> If I'm reading the --help page correct, by default repoclosure should
> check *all* packages, and with --newest it should check *only newest*
> packages. Therefore if a broken dependency is detected with --newest
> and is not detected without it, I assume it should be reported as
> a bug in repoclosure.

Yay, forget about my previous post, I got it wrong. I had to try it
myself to understand it. Now I get it - not only repoclosure checks
just the newest packages for broken dependencies, also those *dependant
packages* (the targets) must be amongst the newest ones. I wonder if
it is intentional or not.

> > Should  the test case [1] always use --newest since that seems to
> > more
> > closely mirror yum behavior during installation?

Well, yum is able to work around this problem, isn't it? It should just
select an older kernel for installation. I tried to simulate it on my
F12 machine by adding a repo, but I failed to be completely sure.